Research Presentation Day 1 - Print Books & Reference Materials
- General Encyclopedias
- Start with the index: Sample Index
Subject Area Encyclopedias Books in our library
- Recommended Series:
- Opposing Viewpoints
- Compact Research
- How the Dewey Decimal System works
- At DHS, welding books are located at 671 (Metalworking, actually 671.5 Joining and cutting of metals)
- You will find other books on welding at:
- 670-679 (Manufacturing, within 10)
- 660s (669 Metalurgy, previous 10, more general. Books on two subjects are usually placed in the first Dewey number area)
- 680s (682 Small forge work, blacksmithing, next 10)
- 600-610 (Technology, base 100, very general-subject area encyclopedias)
- 500-510 (Applied Science, previous 100, EXTREMELY general-subject area encyclopedias)
Books in other libraries
by Jay Asher
Year Published: 2008
When high school student Clay Jenkins receives a box in the mail containing thirteen cassette tapes recorded by his classmate Hannah, who committed suicide, he spends a bewildering and heartbreaking night crisscrossing their town, listening to Hannah's voice recounting the events leading up to her death.
by Chris Crutcher
Year Published: 2007
Given the medical diagnosis of one year to live, high school senior Ben Wolf decides to fulfill his greatest fantasies, ponders his life's purpose and legacy, and converses through dreams with a spiritual guide.
by Alexander Smith
Year Published: 2009
Furnace Penitentiary is the world’s most secure prison for young offenders, buried a mile beneath the earth’s surface. Convicted of a murder he didn’t commit, sentenced to life without parole, Alex must either find a way out or resign himself to a death behind bars, in the darkness at the bottom of the world.
by Dave Pelzer
Year Published: 1993
The true story of a child's abuse at the hands of his alcoholic mother.
by Alexander Smith
Year Published: 2010
Alex's escape attempt only lands him deeper in the guts of this prison where a whole new struggle begins...
by Veronic Roth
Year Published: 2012
On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is—she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.
by Ellen Hopkins
Year Published: 2004
Hopkins chronicles the turbulent and often disturbing relationship between Kristina, a character based on her own daughter, and the "monster," the highly addictive drug crystal meth.
by James Matheson
Year Published: 1954
Robert Neville is the lone human in a world overrun by vampires.
by John Flanagan
Year Published: 2006
Bracing for a final clash with the evil warlord Morgarath, the Rangers rally the kingdom's allies.